Saturday, February 8, 2014

Welcome to the Valentine's Day blog hop!

Welcome to our 2014 Valentine's Day Blog Hop!  You should have reached here from MariaJ's blog.   If you are just joining us, please start at RockinRenee's blog. Lots of great projects to check out with lots of talented and creative blogs to visit! Today we are highlighting Valentine's Day inspired projects.


In case you get lost, here is the lineup of this hop with all of the links:

1. RockinRenee - I came, I saw, I created.
2. HappyScrapper64 - Random Thoughts of a Scrapbooker
3. gonescrappin - Col's Creative Corner
4. Hrvatica  - Croatian Crafter
5. Scootingranny - Scootingranny's World
6. MamaC - Carolyn's Creative Corner
7. Greenie8705 - Gina Beana's Crafts
8. MariaJ - Stamp, Cut, Create!
9. Di&Co - Creating Is Like Breathing
10. Dragonfly50 - Designs by Dragonfly
11. TiffysMom - Angie's Paper Passion
12. *Violette* - Whimsical Treasures
13. cricutaddicted - ScrappingForMoreFun
14. LoriSjogren - The Singing Shell
15. Scrapalette - Around the Block with Scrapalette

This is my layout that I created especially for this hop:


This layout is not a conventional Valentine's Day layout. I like to use a lot of different colors in my themes and I like my layouts to be more on the simple side rather than ornate.


I began with the background paper coming from the Garden Vignettes stack by My Mind's Eye. It appealed to me because it reminded me of a page that had been mod podged.  The cardstock comes from the super packs of cardstock that you can buy at Walmart. I like it because it's on the lighter side weight wise and does not make my pages as bulky. My preferences are flat pages so that they lay better in the photo albums.

The lettering is from Quarter Note, one of my all time favorite carts. It has beautiful cuts and I love the alphabet lettering style! The word "music" is cut at 1.5 inches, "of the" is cut at 1 inch and "Heart" is cut at 2 inches. All were cut on my  Cricut E2 which cuts flawlessly.

The rhinestone flourishes are from Recollections Signature that I picked up at Michaels on clearance. It had a crocheted flower in the center which did not suit the page, in my opinion, so I cut around it and replaced with tiny paper flowers from the Recollections Signature series. The flowers needed centers and so I had some left over pearls from another project and I used those to complete the layout.

Please leave a comment and become a follower to be eligible to win the blog prize: A $25 gift card at either Custom Crops or Hallmark Scrapbooking....winner's choice! Draw is on Friday, February 14th!

Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop is Dragonfly50.

30 comments:

  1. Very nice page! BTW the pics are lovely...
    I have tried to win this cartridge on Ebay but always get outbid. Now I know why! The rhinestone swirls are a really pretty touch.
    And I just became a follower and a follower by email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love that it isn't typical Valentine's Day themed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely - beautiful colors - beautiful photos - and lovely details! I love the bird sketch on the paper and how your layout works with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you highlight your special photos.
    Very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Your blog hop sister,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly
    Dragonfly50 (MB)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very pretty LO. Love that the focus is all on the series of pictures rather than the embellies. Thanks for sharing, Di. : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHHHHHHHHH Diane - it is ALWAYS just so FUN to see what you've come up with. Anyway, "conventional" is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated!!! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout Diane! Classy and elegant. The pictures take center stage and the embellies you chose complement them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is lovely. It really highlights the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout Diane. I prefer flat layouts too (I put lots of pages in my books- LOL) . Your page is clean & elegant. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, it it beautiful! Funny, I like to add lots of layers to my cards, but, like you, my layouts are simple. That said, for something simple, it is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love simple layouts! This is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Di, this is one classy layout! The papers and embellishments highlight your beautiful pictures so sweetly. I love the non-traditional colors, but my favorite part of your layout other than your pictures is your beautiful title. So romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful layout Di!

    From another unconventional girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout! By not adding too much to it, your photos become the main focal point. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout! Quarter Note is one of my favorite, too! Pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful layout - love the colors you used

    MB: caffinee

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a simply beautiful layout! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This simple layout doesn't need a thing added to it. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful layout! Everything is perfect - the flourishes, the font, and the photos!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty layout. More ornate isn't always better! =) Thank you for joining the blog hop and sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty layout. Sometimes more ornate does not equal better! =) Thank you for joining the blog hop and sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful layout! Love the colors and the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful layout for beautiful photos! Love everything you did & really like the font you chose. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete