Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mysterious photos, detective work


This is the only photograph in my Grandmere's collection that has my Uncle who passed at the age of 5. Initially, I received a huge box of photos in relatively good condition stored in bread bags that had not been washed before using. Still bread crumbs in the bags and the photos were not damaged.

I could not find the negatives for this particular set of photos. It finally clued in when I read what was written on the back of the photo:


It is written in French and gives the name as simply Miss Vaudry and her address. It instructs to separate my Uncle and place him in a Vignette. The costs of the photos are listed as $3.00 and $15.00. I wish it also had the photograph shop name. My Great Aunt Laurette must have taken the photo as she was included in some of the shots. Mystery solved! I am so lucky to have such a precious photo!

1 comment:

  1. What a treasure! I am so glad that you were able to solve the mystery!

    ReplyDelete