Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My crocheted flop

I have been pinning on Pinterest like mad. So, I took out my crochet hooks and decided to create myself a new pair of slippers. This is the pattern I chose:

Slipper pattern

I bought the cotton yarn, had my Youtube handy for the short videos on how to crochet the stitches that I use to know how when my mom taught me. It's been a few years!

I navigated the pattern really well. I was pretty proud of myself! As I was creating it, I thought that the slipper was huge...but I often panic for nothing...so I told myself to relax and finish it and then try it on. Holy smoly!

Dh told me, don't put a flower on it, it should fit me. Yeah, really? It slipped off his foot too. I made a Medium size...or so I thought...but it's actually Monster size. Real funny. I wanted to leave a comment on the pattern page, but there was no place to do it. 

Nice pattern...if I was an elephant!

 Back to the drawing board!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, how frustrating to spend the time crocheting only to have it not turn out because the pattern was off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that is quite a slipper!!!!

    ReplyDelete