Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Slow and Steady wins the race

I have been surfing Pinterest for scrapbook pages. I have pinned quite a few for inspiration. The one thing I cannot do is flower up a boy's layout. Just can't do it. That really is not a problem because I have tons of Cricut carts with tons of images I can use.

All cuts on this layout are from Elmo's Party cartridge. There is room on the left for two birthday photos. Elmo and the cake cuts are cut at 3 inches. I have to say, the cake was quite the job to cut and put together. Happy Birthday is cut at 1.5 inches. Journalling, I leave for several days later. I like to think about what kind of memory I'm leaving my boys. Although, I really enjoy some of the over the top layouts I've seen on various internet sites, I have to say, I love a simple layout...it does not over power the photos as they are what the layout is all about.

So, it's January 1st and this is my first layout of the year...I'm setting the tone for the remainder of the year...lots of scrapbooking!

Happy New Year! :-)

2 comments:

  1. super cute great start t0 a crafty new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're 1 whole layout ahead of me!! Great job &, now that you're on a roll, I can't wait to see all the inspiration you have to share with us...THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete