Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rocker is in Primer stage

My husband says he found this guy sitting on the rocker, reduced to bones because he's been waiting that long for this chair to be finished. Funny guy. The chair is in the primer stage and I ran out of primer. I used the primer in spray bomb format for a smoother coverage. It's Zinsser brand primer that covers anything coming through your top coat as it blocks whatever is underneath. There were a few splotches of paint left on the chair seat that I could not get off. Because this is an outdoor chair, I'm not that fussy over it being perfect and it's going to have a chair cushion on top of it anyways. So now that I have a second can of primer, I'll be painting the underside and some of the places on the chair that were missed. I'm going to really appreciate it when this chair gets finished. The final coat of paint will be the Tremclad brand that I will apply with a small roller. Probably paint a couple of coats, we'll see how it pans out. Hopefully get to it this weekend to finish it off. As for the antique chair, it has half a coat of stain on it so far. I'm getting there...seems to be a long drawn out process. Can't wait to have them done so I can start on my next project!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, he's a funny guy alright!!! What is "spray bomb format"?? Is it what we call "spray paint"??! You know, it's almost like you're speakin' a foreign language or somethin' ; ) LOL!!! I'm sure when you get your chairs all finished, you'll be able to enjoy the results of all your hard work...& the memory of all that hard work will fade away...kinda like childbirth! Thanks for getting the email subscription set up for ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spray bomb format...yes that is a can of spray paint lol. That's how one speaks when you spend the day with contractors working in a lumber yard. Gotta talk their lingo! You're welcome regarding the email subscription, it was really easy to set up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished chair. I love your husband's sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete