Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Making myself learn the gypsy

I've been a Circle member on the Provo Craft boards since the beginning. This year, the Circle has changed dramatically and we've had some new things offered to us as members. For the month of August only, we are allowed to cut the digi mini carts (for lack of a better word) for free. Man, now I had to learn the gypsy because there are a few cuts I really wanted. So last night I sat down and made a list. It was much easier to look at them in CCR, the on line program but easier to cut with the gypsy. I refused to let  my fear of that machine get me. Watched some good videos on Obsessed with Scrapbooking blog with Joy and started to place images on the mat ready to cut. I cut about 36 bookmarks last night and then I started putting on the mat 3D trees. I think I just fell in love with the gypsy that Ive struggled so much to learn! Tonight, I'm going back to placing more cuts on the mats in my gypsy. Can't wait to cut again. Geez, now I think I'm hooked...took me long enough!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've learned to love your Gypsy. I'm indifferent about mine. I find the screen too small and prefer CCR because of screen size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer isnt in my craft room so that poses a problem for me. When I found out others on the boards were just using it to place and cut and nothing fancy, it became easier to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I can use my cricut without my gypsy anymore! LOL I'm glad you are using yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ia great! I love gypsy because I can't use CCR. It won't work for me for whatever reason but my Gypsy always works :). Ilove that I can move things around so I can save paper. Another favorite function is the hide function.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So know how you feel. I put off getting the Gypsy forever and now I feel like I could not cut with out it and have to force myself to practice with CCR. ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are loving your Gypsy! I don't think I can create without using mine! Have fun, and I can't wait to see your creations.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete