Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm a great one for starting all kinds of projects!



But finishing is another thing altogether. So, I decided to finish all those started projects one at a time. This is one of them, been crocheting it for over two years, mostly during the winter months. I have stopped twice to make two other afghans for special people. So last night, while watching the Olympics, I decided to finish the last three rows. Then while everyone was having showers, I tied the fringe on both sides and cut them all to 5 inches in length. For a change, I am keeping this one as I usually give away my blankets. My poodle on the other hand, thinks it's "hers" and has already set her mark by pulling a few yarns with her toe nails...which I will be fixing shortly...

My aunt Alice gave me the pattern and it's called Navaho Blanket. She made hers with all left over yarns, which was right up my alley as I always buy bags of left over yarn at yard sales. Over the years, I have acquired bag fulls of baby yarn and decided to use some of them up for this blanket. I used three strands of baby yarn at a time and crocheted in various colors in the amounts I had. There was no rhyme or reason to how the colors were chosen, I just continued to crochet with what I had available.

This blanket is one of my favorite ones, it's nice and thick and warm! Gonna pop it into the wash and then it will be ready for cool winter evenings while I'm watching TV!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket. Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but it's not difficult just time consuming and something to do while watching TV on cold winter nights.

    ReplyDelete