Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm a copic marker fan


So when I saw that Custom Crops carried Spectrum Noir markers for a fraction of the cost, I decided to order four sets and take them for a run. They are on their way out to me in Canuck land as we speak. In the mean time, I went checking out various reviews. This is where it gets a bit interesting. Most of those that bought Spectrum Noir markers were already proficient with Copics. I don't know about you but, it took me a while to get the hang of blending with the Copics. What really made me scratch my head with the comparison was that those reviews that I saw had hardly used the Spectrum Noir markers. To be fair, one would have to practice for a bit longer than one or two stamped images to really make sure one was being fair in the assessment. The difference between the two markers mainly is the brush tip of the Copics over a solid tip of the Spectrums. That brush tip gave me grief until I got use to it. What if I don't like the Spectrum Noir markers? I'll use them up and then I'll continue to buy copics. In the mean time, I'll give them a fair chance once I get them. They'll arrive here in about two weeks, takes time to get through Customs.

3 comments:

  1. I love my spectrum noir markers.I have never tried or owned any copics too expensive.I hope you enjoy your new crafting goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please update once you get a chance to play with the new markers. I'd love a less expensive alternative to the Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure will update once I've given them a fair chance!

    ReplyDelete