Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pierre and Hermine





This is a layout I've been working on for a couple of weeks. There are three different paper prints used. I made boarders to separate the papers with a Martha Stewart punch and then I put their names on a name plate from a Spellbinders die. I believe the papers are from K & Company. The frames are from one of my favorite Cricut cartridges, Fancy Frames...love that cart! Perfect for Heritage layouts. I do believe these are the only two photos I have of these people, so I had to dress them up a bit.
I think it was Ancestry.ca that I had a subscription to this winter, from there I could get access to online records. For some reason, they would not print nor could I take a print screen of the page. So I took out my trusty digi camera and took a photo of the computer screen. This particular page records my great Grandparents marriage. The bar on the left of the page is to translate and write up what it actually says. Because the handwriting is not the best, I have to do some checking to make sure the names and places are spelled correctly. Heritage albums are a labour of love for me.

7 comments:

  1. Great layout. I love the frames you used with the pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love the frames!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love genealogy. The older pictures are such a great treasure. You did a really nice job on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous layout. I am popping over from the Circle MB and am already a follower :)

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout! They just don't make beautiful photos and frames like these any more! Visiting via the Circle MB link today!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. just stunning and your frames so fit the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is lovely! I love the frames. Great pictures!

    Michele
    http://scrap-n-dance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete