Friday, June 29, 2012

I am NOT a collector!

I love retail therapy. BUT I always make sure it's for stuff that I'm going to use. Cricut.com had a good sale on two carts I've been wanting. Well, I've always been a sucker for Sesame Street, already had the first cart put out and Elmo's Party...today I got SS Seasons and I think it's an absolute treasure! I know that the cuts are finicky with lots of layers BUT I made a layout for my youngest son and used an Oscar on it and he absolutely loved it! It was soooo worth seeing his appreciation! So when Seasons came on special...well...it was all about my son! Of course I had to buy it for HIM :-P

October 31st has been on my list for a long time. I don't know how many times it's gone into the cart and out of the cart. I had two really special photos taken of my son and his little cousin on Halloween with their Great Grandmother in the nursing home. This cart fit the bill for what I needed to make this layout spectacular. I am super pleased with both purchases! 

Did I mention that my flower cart is still sitting on my table unopened? Sad I know. I find that summer is super busy with just being outside and enjoying life and living. Scrapping is saved for rainy days and non working days and scrapping in between the loads of laundry days. I find that I design in my head a wonderful layout, match all of the papers and then...it sits on the scrap table until my energy catches up. Sometimes that takes weeks!  But eventually, I catch up and sometimes *gasp* I scrap a whole day!

So I do eventually use all of my goodies and carts and machines...in God's time of course, because He ultimately has the last say in what I do with my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment