Friday, May 25, 2012

Creating is an Intergral part of my life

Sometimes when my crazy life takes over, I don't get time to create and I have to remind myself that it's good to take time out for me. Between my husband and boys and work and taking care of an aging parent...I sometimes get lost in the shuffle. The only person that can really do anything about it is ME. I can't blame it on whomever or whatever because I have the power of choice. So tonight I'm reminding myself that I have a choice. A choice to slow down and smell the roses. A choice to let the house go and relax for a change as going 100 miles per hour doesn't do any good for my family and certainly not me. I have to remind myself that a treat once in a while just tastes good, even though I choose to eat organic, gmo free foods for the most part. And that if I can't get organic potatoes because Safeway has been shorted since February isn't the end of the world. I decided that if my plants were going to get bitten by frost I wasn't going to make myself crazy by covering and uncovering them every day. I'll just go buy more plants if I have to.


I have a love affair with paint. I must have been a painter in a previous life as I dream of painting and I can smell the paint in my dreams. Paper crafting is kind of like painting but only with paper. I love it just as much as painting  and whatever else is on my table, ceramics, canvas, bird houses....


I love to create in the kitchen and I love to eat what I create. My son is gluten free so I bought some books on baking without gluten...haven't had time to create the recipes, but my son has...and he's a darn good cook. Sometimes it's OK to let others create around you as you get the effect of creating...


I got a new Canon T3i with points and even though I said I'd never go digital....well, I'm a liar. I got frustrated trying to get my film developed at the Superstore in Moose Jaw, they no longer do film in one hour and had to send it away. That frustrated me. So I went digi and fell in love with photography all over again. I've loved sharing the sunset photos and horse photos and plant photos and any other photos I've wanted to share....


So tonight, I'm relaxing with a good book on painting....and that's OK too...

No comments:

Post a Comment